This week we continued work on the MCU support. We drafted enhancements to the software rendering for partial updates, as well as support for text layout. This work is happening in separate development branches in GitHub.
Slint UI Library
- Produce better error message when using a unknown style ( d64dfa)
- Mark the
yproperties of elements within a ListView as "set" also for parent component (55fb9c)
The previous code did not set it as
setfor the parent components causing the properties to be marked as const while they shouldn't
- Send less key events from the GL backend (d44348)
When "combining" information from winit's ReceiveCharacter and KeyboardInput events, then do not create a second KeyPress event when the KeyboardInput contained a control character.
This makes us not send duplicate events for
Tab, but leaves the handling for e.g.
- Fix animation in the flickable (efd6c6)
This is a regression since the introduction of iteration_count which defaults to 0 for animation started programmatically
- Bump fontdue dependency (e15c8f)
After https://github.com/mooman219/fontdue/pull/103 was merged and released with 0.7.1, we are now back to only one copy of ttf-parser.
- Upgrade qttypes (6ecd9b)
It now expose the flag via env variable, and allow to report the reason why Qt was not found
- Upgrade Catch2 (ea2e91)
- Bump femtovg, fontdb, usvg and resvg dependencies (b48210)
This re-aligns the ttf-parser and rustybuzz dependencies in the GL backend. There's still one other version of ttf-parser pulled into the compiler due to fontdue, but that's minor.
Other Crates and Libraries
Contributions to other crates and libraries made by Slint developers:
- Add support for importing OpenGL textures into the Canvas rendering (#79)
- Reduce memory consumption of GL textures (5511ca)
83 patches were committed by 7 authors.